ESE General Aptitude Paper (GA) Topics - Aptitude Paper (Stage-I, Paper-I).
General Studies and Engineering Aptitude
(Stage I - Paper I, Objective type, Common to all Candidates, 2 hours duration, 200 Marks maximum)
The questions from the following Topics will be set in Paper-I of Stage-I
- Current issues of national and international importance relating to social, economic and industrial development
- Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability
- Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis
- General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety
- Standards and Quality practices in production, construction, maintenance and services
- Basics of Energy and Environment: Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, Climate Change, Environmental impact assessment
- Basics of Project Management
- Basics of Material Science and Engineering
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering such as networking, e-governance and technology based education.
- Ethics and values in Engineering profession
(New ESE Exam Syllabus - New syllabus will be implemented from the year 2017 onwards.)
The paper in General Studies and Engineering Aptitude will include Knowledge of relevant topics as may be expected from an engineering graduate, without special study. Questions from all the 10 topics mentioned above shall be set. Marks for each Topic may range from 5% to 15% of the total marks in the paper.